Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Race Schedule



I signed up for my first marathon! I will be running the Phoenix Marathon March 2. I am going to start my training cycle next week. My coach is going to be writing me a training program and  I am totally excited about this challenge.  I am signing up for these races also leading up to my marathon:

Moon Valley Grasshopper 5k Sept 29
3TV Phoenix Half Marathon Nov 4
Mesa Turkey Trot 10k Nov 22
Runners Den/Fiesta Bowl Half MarathonDec 2
PF Changs Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon Jan 20
Phoenix Marathon Full Marathon March 2

I am hoping that running these races with a fun, relaxed attitude will help my race day nerves. I am taking two weeks off running since my last half. My legs and body should be fresh starting training and though it was hard taking the time off of running, I know it is good for me. My goal for the Phoenix Marathon is just to finish and have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment